TCM NC SYSTEM is a set of methods, processes and resources established within the framework of the management bodies and IT-systems used in the management of the investment and construction projects for creation of strategic assets in Rosatom's project portfolio.
TCM NC SYSTEM – the industry-wide system of integrated cost and time management in construction projects (Total Cost Management Nuclear Construction, ТСМ NC).
TCM NC SYSTEM is the key component of ROSATOM management system, including its subsidiary companies in the Russian Federation and abroad.
TCM NC SYSTEM consists of three fundamental components:
The TCM NC system is designed to manage the following:
- strategic asset;
- portfolio of construction projects.
Each of the above-mentioned elements has a specific life cycle. The life cycle is the sequence of phases from concept development to termination of the nuclear facility, over the course of which asset management is performed. Phases are sequential groupings of processes that result in achievement of intermediate result or milestone.
The strategic asset life cycle phases and the project life cycle phases are interrelated: the strategic asset creation phase is carried out through project execution. The other phases of a strategic asset life cycle (modification and termination) could also be implemented through project execution.
The strategic asset life is divided into following sequential phases:
- Concept development – recognize the need for a new or improved strategic asset; evaluate, research and define optional strategic asset solutions that addresses the opportunity; select an optimum strategic asset solution;
- Creation – create the strategic asset solution through project execution;
- Operation – operation of the strategic asset;
- Modification – improve, modify or make other changes to the strategic asset through project execution;
- Termination – decommission, close, demolish, dispose or terminate the strategic asset.
The project life cycle is divided into the following sequential phases:
- Initiation – alternative concepts for project implementation are assessed, the best option as well as the optimal implementation strategy are selected;
- Planning – the project plan is developed;
- Execution – the developed plans are implemented;
- Closure – the project deliverable is verified, tested, reviewed, validated and delivered to the customer.